A list of thoughts that accompanied my journey these past 2 years while I juggle moving into a new city, taking up medical school and soul-searching (the 3 don’t make a good combination, I figured).
- Alone time and moving into a new city are great opportunities to know more about oneself, to reflect, and to explore life.
- Often times, we only start to appreciate something when we don’t have it anymore. So we should stop taking things for granted and appreciate what we have now.
- A positive outlook can bring wonders. Take it easy.
- Don’t over-think, it can make you crazy. Simplicity is bliss.
- No expectations, no assumptions, no judgements. Important principles to live by.
- Always acknowledge and respect people’s differences.
- Be independent, brave, diverse, open-minded and fun.
- Spread love and positivity. Not hate, not gossips.
- When you have more, give more. Sharing is caring.
- Know what you want or who you want to be and work towards it (chin up, headstrong).
- Dream big, do big, but stay humble.
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, accept it.
- “When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch up.”
- Opportunities are everywhere, just be quick in grabbing them and do your best. No fear, no boundaries.
- Learn to forgive yourself, no one is perfect. Learn to love yourself, it’s the prerequisite to everything.
- We stumble, fall and cry; but we get up, gain a few scars and emerge stronger than yesterday (or at least better at faking it, bwahaha).
- We strive and learn to become better people, every single day.
Thoughts are all over my head and I tried my best to organize them. The list is going to get longer as I continue on my journey. After all, I’m in my twenties, ever-lost, ever-exploring, ever-changing, ever-growing.
Thanks for reading and feel free to share your thoughts!
Looking forward to 2015!